. Sourcing touchd | Forum

advertisement
Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
dasg234
dasg234 Jan 12
ASHBURN, Va. CM Punk Blackhawks Jersey . -- When Robert Kelley showed up a few pounds heavier after his red shirt year at Tulane, running backs coach David Johnson gave him a backpack with Fat Rob inscribed on it, and the nickname stuck.More of a moniker among friends than anything else for several years, Fat Rob resurfaced when Kelley joined the Washington Redskins in training camp. The undrafted free agent is now going into his third game as the Redskins starting running back Sunday night against the Green Bay Packers.He earned the spot by being Positive Rob.Usurping Matt Jones as the No. 1 back, Kelley has stabilized the offense by holding onto the ball and seemingly always getting back to the line of scrimmage if not much further.There arent many negative plays with Robert, coach Jay Gruden said. You stay on track as a play-caller, and it makes the game flow a lot smoother when youre in second-and-7, second-and-6, second-and-5, and thats a great tribute to him. Hes a hard runner.Kelley isnt flashy, but hes effective. Since taking over the starting role Oct. 30 against the Cincinnati Bengals, 39 of his 43 carries have been for positive yardage, with just one loss and three for no gain.Kelley takes great pride in that stat.Thats how I run the ball, Kelley said. Im not one of (those) guys that sits back all day and just try to dance around. I try to get north and south as much as possible.Gruden said Kelley putting the Redskins in manageable down-and-distance situations means your whole playbook is open and allows quarterback Kirk Cousins to freeze defenders with play-action. It worked in a 26-20 victory over the Minnesota Vikings when Kelley ran for 97 yards.It does make a difference and keeps our offense going in a positive direction, Cousins said. The play-action game can be effective for us.Because third-down back Chris Thompson is a capable receiver out of the backfield and the change-of-pace runner, Kelley doesnt have to try to do too much -- just hold on to the ball. While Jones lost the job in part because of his fumbling problems, Kelley has yet to fumble in 60 NFL carries.Success has come quick for the 24-year-old from New Orleans, so much that he doesnt believe it. When Jones hurt his shoulder during the preseason, Kelley was reluctant to say if hed be able to carry the load as the starter.When Kelley learned from Gruden last month that he was being named the starter, he tempered his excitement and was determined to make the coaching staff proud. Hes in the midst of doing just that, but he didnt expect to be a pro starter this quickly.Im always surprised, he said. I always try to take advantage and dont just go out there and get big-headed and stuff like that.Far from becoming over confident, Kelley continues to study film in the hopes of improving. He saw cuts he missed against the Bengals and worked to not make the same mistakes in his second start.He said some of his biggest runs have come on off-schedule plays, but he hasnt yet broken off anything longer than 18 yards. Kelley considers cohesion with the offensive line the next step in his progression.Just keep constantly showing my guys I trust in them -- the front line, the front five -- and make those guys look better, Kelley said. They also try to make me look better. They make holes for me that I dont have to do too much to get through and stuff like that. We kind of work together and try to build that chemistry with those guys.NOTE: WR DeSean Jackson was a limited participant in practice Wednesday because of a left shoulder injury. After missing the Vikings game he took part in individual workouts, but Gruden was noncommittal about Jacksons status for Sunday night.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Artemi Panarin Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Andrew Desjardins Blackhawks Jersey . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. http:///...r-Blackhawks-Jersey/ . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. Our ESPN fantasy football experts gathered on July 21 for a 10-team PPR mock draft. If youve ever drafted early, you know that its possible your roster can be affected by an injury or suspension before any games are played. The morning after this particular mock, news of LeVeon Bell facing a four-game suspension broke.In this case, I was the owner impacted by the news, as I selected Bell seventh overall. So, in order to make this mock as useful as possible, here are thoughts on what I would do differently if drafting today, as well as how to fix this roster to account for the fact Bell will miss time.Had Bells four-game suspension been public before this mock, I would have selected Arizonas David Johnson instead. I was already somewhat close to making this decision, even assuming Bell would be active Week 1, given that Bell faces real recovery questions from a serious injury. That said, I took Bell on my turn given his dynamic receiving résumé and the fact he and DeAngelo Williams combined to lead the position in scoring opportunities last season, per our own Mike Clay. Had this been a real draft that we played out, not insuring Bell with Williams couldve proven quite costly and regrettable. I was about to pounce, but Mike Sando wisely invested in a player who was sixth in PPR points among backs in 20015, even with Bells presence for nearly half the season. Brandon Mashinter Jersey. laying this roster out with an uninsured Bell, Id be forced to rely on my duo of receiving mavens out of the backfield. Duke Johnson Jr. is projected for roughly 188 PPR points, which would have ranked 13th by last seasons standards, while Giovani Bernard finished last season 17th among backs in PPR scoring. Sourcing touchdowns from my backfield could prove difficult, but thankfully these third-down weapons have high weekly floors for receptions.As for any immediate post-draft adjustments, Id likely add Javorius Allen, the most proven receiver in the Ravens backfield mix. Justin Forsett has been inefficient as a receiver, while Allen could offer some real upside in this scoring format. To make room for Allen on the roster, Id likely release my lottery ticket, Josh Gordon, especially since the more bankable Kamar Aiken fell to me a bit later.The participants in this mock -- a combination of writers, ESPN Insiders and researchers -- in order of draft position, were: Tristan H. Cockcroft, Matt Bowen, Stephania Bell, Mike Sando, Matthew Berry, KC Joyner, yours truly, Leo Howell, Jeff Ratcliffe and Kyle Soppe. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share:
advertisement

Search People, News and more..

Advertise

WHY SHOULD YOU BECOME A MEMBER?

La Afrique Media has more than 100 Thousand Members. Get news and info that matter to you, a daily brief on what’s happening in your network, and a quick way to reach out and keep in touch. Connect. Find. Rate. Be found. Learn. Share & Post a Story

Become a member